jo Leo Bridal is a Luxury Bridal Salon located in the charming fairytale-esque beach town of Carmel-by-the-Sea. We offer an upscale private atmosphere...Read more and feature beautiful stylish gowns from some of the most prestigious designers in the world. jo Leo Bridal takes great pride in our utmost focus on...
Charlotte’s Weddings is a wedding boutique located in Portland, Oregon. Founded over three decades ago, the store has served hundreds of nearlyweds as...Read more they have prepared for their joyous day. Owner Krysta is passionate about helping clients find the perfect attire for their celebration. She strives...
MB Bride & Special Occasion is a wedding dress store located in Greensburg Pittsburgh with 10-15 times the selection of national bridal chains....Read more Pennsylvania's largest family owned bridal and formalwear store is visited by brides and mothers from as far away as Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland,...
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, Mary’s Bridal Boutique LLC is a bridal boutique specializing in bridal gowns and accessories. With over 30 years in...Read more the business, Mary’s takes pride in providing a happy, non-pressured environment, which allows Brides to have an unforgettable bridal shopping...
Circle Park Bridal Boutique is a local family owned and operated wedding dress boutique that opened its doors September 5th, 2007 to create a friendly...Read more and beautiful environment for each bride to make memories that will last a lifetime. Circle Park Bridal is a bridal shop focused on helping brides...
Fantastic Finds is a luxurious wedding attire boutique located in Lansing, Michigan. This team of in-house stylists reserves a private dressing suite...Read more for each appointment. They work closely with couples to understand exactly what their tastes are and help them find their ideal ensemble. This shop...
Amazing, dresses, services and prices to fit all wedding day budgets. Andrea’s Bridal is Maine’s premier bridal and formal wear boutique located in...Read more the heart of Portland’s downtown district. We offer a vast selection of gowns for every occasion, personality and budget. Let our experienced style...
A bridal boutique in Hamburg, Michigan, Dior Bridal Salon features more than 170 gorgeous designer bridal gowns on-site. This family-run business has...Read more more than 48 years of experience and is dedicated to helping you find the dress of your dreams. Dior Bridal Salon has seasoned seamstresses that do...
Maya Palace is a boutique and bridal shop located in Tucson, Arizona. For over 40 years, Maya Palace has been offering brides an extraordinary...Read more selection of bridal gowns and accessories to create a memorable wedding day. Choose from a unique and diverse selection of over 500 bridal gown options from...
Dear Bride, We offer hundreds of amazing high-end designer wedding gowns, ALL conviently right off the rack! Our gowns are Boho, Romantic, and...Read more Modern. ALL Gowns are Under $2k, with many under $1k! Located in Mission, KS, just a few minutes South of the Plaza in Kansas City MO. ~By Appointment ~ Come...
Located in Kennesaw, Georgia, A Formal Occasion is a wedding dress specialist. A comfort-couture boutique, they have been helping clients in greater...Read more Atlanta for over 20 years. They enjoy making finding the perfect gown feel easy. They travel to markets country-wide to select diverse and...
The Bridal Manor is a bridal gown salon located in Sewell, New Jersey. For over 20 years, this boutique salon has provided exceptional customer...Read more service in a beautiful, relaxed environment to brides in the tri-state area. It has an experienced staff of bridal consultants who are passionate about...
. . . because you love your gown! Before or after your wedding, you can trust Orange Restoration Labs to give very special care to your very special...Read more gown. If your gown needs pressing or cleaning and mending before the wedding, call us. When we clean your gown after the wedding, you are invited to...
Chryssie's Bridal, based out of Canton, Massachusetts, has been turning wedding dreams into reality for over 35 years through “Elegance, Service and...Read more Creativity,” and in that time we have mastered the ideal bridal gown shopping experience as we have been part of many love stories. In a welcoming and...
Wedding Gown Cleaning & Preservation All services provided exclusively with Contact FREE Pick Up & Delivery right at your front door throughout lower...Read more Michigan. We understand how much your wedding gown means to you, which is why we treat each gown with tremendous care. From every lace to every...
Nu Yale Cleaners & Laundry is a wedding dress cleaning and preservation company with 15 locations in Southern Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky. All...Read more wedding gowns are cleaned and preserved in-house at our main facility in Jeffersonville, Indiana. We use only the best, museum-quality acid-free...
Maddison Row South is a wedding dress boutique in historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina. The bridal salon is in an award-winning historic home,...Read more where those searching for the perfect gown are showered in luxurious service and attention. They carry local, national and internationally renowned...
Irini’s Originals is a Greek family-owned and operated wedding dress boutique located in Wilmington, Delaware. Serving clients for over 40 years in...Read more the shop and 50 years in alterations, this staff is experienced and trustworthy. They understand that dress shopping can be overwhelming, and their goal...
Gowns of Grace: A Bridal Boutique is a wedding dress business located in the heart of Dallas, Texas. Since 2009, this family-owned and operated...Read more boutique has provided clients with intimate one-on-one consultations in a comfortable atmosphere. It offers a dazzling selection of gowns and accessories to...
Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection is a wedding dress boutique in Columbia, Maryland. They specialize in plus-size wedding gowns from all over the...Read more world. This designer bridal boutique is committed to providing personalized service to every client they meet.ExperienceThe company is owned by Yukia...
The Wedding Studio is a bridal boutique in Carmel, Indiana, serving the Indianapolis region. They offer a wide range of stunning dresses that will...Read more allow you to find your perfect pick. All couples receive individualized attention to ensure that they have the best, most rewarding experience when...
Absolute Bridal is a wedding dress boutique based in Midland, Texas. This stylish store specializes in fashion-forward gowns for couples seeking a...Read more blend of modern and classic beauty. The dedicated team strives to provide a fun, effortless, and magical experience for nearlyweds searching for "the...
Panache Bridal is a flagship boutique in Beverly Hills, California that offers luxurious wedding dresses. With five locations, this business provides...Read more an outstanding collection of gowns to the West Coast and New York City. This team showcases over 50 designers of exquisite garments with several...
Fairytale Brides on a Shoestring Boutique is a not-for-profit bridal salon in the Washington, D.C. area. This boutique’s mission is to empower women...Read more through the sale of reduced-price DESIGNER wedding gowns and accessories and then donating net proceeds to women's charities. Services OfferedThis...
How much does a wedding dress cost?
Buying a wedding dress is unlike purchasing a piece of everyday attire. You’re going to be wearing this dress on one of the most important days of your life, and so you’ll likely spend quite a bit of money on your wedding dress. While wedding dress prices do vary greatly, the average wedding dress cost in the U.S. is $1,000. It typically ranges from $280 to $1,650, but you can purchase a wedding dress for far above and below those prices.
- $ 100 or less Lower range
- $ 1,000 Average cost
- $ 280 - $ 1,650 Most couples spend between
- $ 2,600 or more Upper range
What impacts wedding dress prices?
What additional wedding dress costs should a bride plan for?
- Alterations: If you want to drastically change your wedding dress, your alterations may end up costing more than your actual wedding dress!
- Undergarments and accessories: Be sure to factor in your accessories— bridal undergarments, shoes, and more. These accessories will greatly affect how your gown looks and fits, so don’t forget to include them in your wedding dress cost.
- Cleaning and preservation: Don’t be surprised if you’re still spending money on your wedding dress after your wedding! Whether you plan on wearing your wedding dress again, passing it on to a future generation, or none of the above, it’s still a good idea to have your gown professionally cleaned and preserved. Wedding dress cleaning and preservation can cost $200 or more.
How can you save money on a wedding dress?
- Don’t try on dresses that are over-budget: Be upfront with your bridal salon consultant about your budgets—and be sure ask about the cost of each dress you try on. Avoid the temptation of trying on a wedding dress that’s out of your price range.
- Find a simple wedding dress, and accessorize: As mentioned, a simple and relatively unadorned wedding gown will cost less than an extremely detailed wedding dress. If you’re on a tight wedding dress budget, we recommend finding a simple gown and using a beaded sash or a brooch to give it some extra sparkle.
- Find a dress you love as is: Any significant alterations or customizations that you do to a wedding dress will cost (a lot of!) money. Therefore, if you want to make significant changes to a wedding dress (add sleeves, change the silhouette, etc.), that gown is probably not for you. Look for a wedding dress that you love mostly as it looks off the hanger.
- Scour sample sales: Many bridal salons offer sample sales where they sell sample dresses from past seasons. These sample dresses are typically in sizes 6 to 12, so if you fall in that size category, you may find a gorgeous gown at a low price at one of these sales.
- Visit trunk shows: If you’re set on purchasing a gown by a specific designer, you might find a deal at a trunk show. Trunk shows are when a bridal salon features the collection of a particular dress designer—and usually offers a discount (usually about 5 or 10 percent off that designer’s wedding dress prices). Research which salons in your area carry your favorite designers, and check their websites for upcoming trunk shows.
- Give yourself time to shop: A wedding dress can take several months to arrive after you’ve ordered it. Be sure to start shopping for your wedding dress as soon as possible —many brides shop at least nine months in advance, if not more. If you wait until the last minute, you may end up paying rush charges for your dress, which can greatly add to your total wedding dress cost.
How much does it cost to alter a wedding dress?
What questions should you ask a wedding dress tailor?
- How many fitting appointments will I need? How long will the process take?
- What types of alterations do you recommend for my wedding dress?
- Have you worked with a dress and fabric like mine before?
- Can you provide a cost for my alterations?
- How will you store my wedding dress?
- What do I need to bring to my first fitting appointment?
Wedding Dresses and Gowns
As you plan your wedding, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is your wedding dress. The dress you choose should reflect your unique style and personality and make you feel like the most beautiful woman in the room. How does a bride say “yes” to that perfect dress? Here’s a quick guide to shopping for wedding dresses.
Set Your Budget
When you start browsing bridal gowns, it’s easy to fall in love no matter the price tag. Before you even pick up a bridal magazine, set a strict wedding dress budget. We suggest allocating around 10 percent of your overall wedding budget to your dress – and don’t forget to include the cost of your wedding accessories in that line item!
Narrow Down Your Style
About a year out from your wedding, start browsing bridal dresses and get a feel for how they match up with your style. Now is the time to educate yourself on silhouettes, necklines, fabrics and more. Our wedding dress style guide can help.
Once you’ve set your wedding date and chosen a venue, add these factors into your dress calculation. Are you marrying in the winter at a beautiful church? Then you might choose a dress with heavier fabric – like satin – in a more traditional silhouette like a ball gown or A-Line.
Book Wedding Dress Salons
About 10 to eight months before your wedding, it’s time to get boots (or heels) on the ground to start your wedding dress hunt. Consider wedding dress salons in your area and book appointments with your top choices – most salons do not allow walk-ins. Take a look at our complete wedding dress shopping guide to learn all the tips and tricks to finding the wedding dress of your dreams.
Trying on Bridal Dresses
As your salon appointments approach, assemble your fashion squad to give you feedback and moral support. Keep your posse small, as too many opinions can get overwhelming. When you arrive at the salon, your stylist will discuss your dress preferences and budget and help you choose options. Keep an open mind; your stylist knows what looks good on different body types. If your stylist suggests a dress, even if it’s not a silhouette you are considering, give it a try. You might be surprised.
Choosing Your Bridal Gown
When your heart leaps and you can’t stop grinning at the reflection in the mirror, you’ve found the right wedding dress. The salon will likely ask for a down payment and then order your dress. Over the next months, your dress will be created just for you. It should arrive a few months before your wedding so you have time for fittings and alterations at your salon. (See our full wedding dress shopping timeline.) You may feel like you’re waiting forever, but this is the perfect time to pick your wedding accessories and knock off other items on your wedding to-do list.
Ready to start shopping for wedding dresses? WeddingWire is here to help. Put in your location and search for the top salons in your area. Read reviews and start making appointments. Happy dress hunting!